Sunday, June 03, 2007

sewing and seeing

Why hello there. Welcome to the blog post of me, from today. I'm going to show you photos of the dress I'll be finishing sewing in the next few weeks (depending on when JJF gets himself set up at the new house), and I'm going to tell you about waking up and being able to see the other side of the room.

So, I'm sewing this dress:IMGP0529

ouf of the following fabric, main fabric is this:IMGP0526
and the middle panel in this (because I don't have enough of the main stuff)
IMGP0525
I bought the orange stuff from the bargain shop in Queanbeyan about 2 years ago, maybe even more. I had vague ideas of making a skirt. It was a bargain, $5. The other stuff I got at Lincraft a month ago. I realised I didn't quite have enough of the orange, so tried to find something to fill in the gaps as it were. The dress pattern is care of my Mum's collection of patterns that I raided sometime in the last few years. I'm quite looking forward to having it finished. And wearing it with my boots, woo!
Okay, onto the seeing, I have breakfast waiting and I can't be arsed doing this in two phases. On Friday I got some contact lenses. Today I'm wearing them, I slept in them last night. I'm allowed to sleep in them and I think it's great. I could see the other side of the room! Woo! Doesn't get much better than that. Will post photos of me with my new hair and my new glasses-less eyes some other time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must hurt your eyes. Mine hurt just thinking about having something in them. Still your cousin says they're good. Your parents are looking well.
woa

scientician said...

Nope, contacts don't hurt. They are great. Can't really feel that they are there. Absolute gold I tells ya!